Donation of Computers and PeripheralsSTP Units can Donate Used Computers to deserving Schools and not for profit-organization
Notification No. 47/98 (customs) dated 16th July, 1998 and para No. 6.29 of Handbook of Procedures permits STP/EHTP for donation of both imported/ locally procured duty free computers and computer peripherals.
What can be Donated
- Computer Peripherals
- Printer, Plotters and Scanner
- Monitor, Keyboard and Storage units
- Recognized non-commercial educational institutions
- Registered Charitable Hospitals
- Public libraries
- Public funded research and development establishments
- Organizations of the Government of India
- Organizations of the Government of State
- Organizations of Union Territory
No Customs Duty and Additional customs duty on such donations.
- CG amount will be credited back on such donation
- Need not fulfill export obligation for the balance period.
You can contact STPI for further details on procedures and formalities. You can email us at
or visit our web site www.blr.stpi.in