Karnataka has always been a proactive state, which has today made it into the most sought after IT destination in the country. In Karnataka as well as in India, Bangalore takes the lead as the most preferred IT destination for its year round salubrious climate, excellent social, education & health facilities.
10% of the Indian Graduates are produced in Karnataka, which has historically been a place for technology and R&D based institutions in India. Karnataka also boasts of one of the best available IT infrastructure in the country.
STPI-B and the government of Karnataka have now taken a lead in spreading the IT revolution across the state.
- Central Location
- Salubrious climate
- Cosmopolitan culture
- Excellent social, education & health facilities
- World class Technical manpower
- Most congenial industrial climate
- KARNATAKA - India's Industrial Destination of the 21st Century
- Karnataka - First of its kind
- to Introduce Engineering Colleges by Private Participation
- to Introduce Technological University for Introducing Uniform Curriculum
- State to introduce IT Policy for the promotion of IT industry.
- State to start Indian Institute of Information Technology in Bangalore
- Software Technology Park in 1991 at Bangalore
- IT Infrastructure in Karnataka
- A State of the Art International Technology Park with 1.5 Million Sq. ft Built up area
- 6 New Private Technology Parks with Built up area of 6 Million Sq. ft.
- A specialized Electronic City at Bangalore & Mysore
- Software Technology Parks at Mysore, Hubli & Mangalore with High Speed Data
- Communications Facilities
- Best Telecom Infrastructure in the Country